In a complex system where personal details are mixed with the most outlandish theories ever subscribed to by humankind, and beyond, if the stories are really true. Navigating a successful exploration of the internet can make an entertaining adventure.
In order to learn to sail we could practise in a safe harbour. With close friends and family. As you fly farther from the nest, some amount of independence is required as the rule book opens. The Burbs has it’s own systems and need to know secrets, you need to know where to cruise and how to hang. Then there are the secret groups and the hidden places. These areas, so well hidden from public view that only the chosen are selected seemingly not even to be seen as a member.
The incredible population of this warren of cul-de-sac suburbia that is Facebook, it’s own mass has established itself as a populous in it’s own right. Apart from the system and yet within the system.
- Facebook Is Not A Safe HarbourThe possibility of causing yourself the most harm, mentally and physically, whilst on the internet is arguably on Facebook.
- Facebook Is An OpportunityThis may be the first introduction for many to the internet. It is on the internet and as such it must abide certain system laws. One being * Information must be exchanged* Without the transfer of energy, in this case information, nothing would support the internet. Facebook, by it’s very mass supports a vast amount of information.
- Getting What You WantYou need to be aware of what you do not want first. Learn your privacy settings. You cannot break the internet. Find out what happens when you play about with your settings.
- Find A PlaygroundStart your own Facebook Page. On any subject you like. It is completely anonymous. Providing you don’t call the page “Your Name And Address”. But a page such as, I don’t know? S E N S O R Y Assault say. Totally anonymous. Until now, but it doesn’t need to be…the other one however 😈Create a page and share into it whatever you like. Better yet is if you upload your own content into Facebook from other sources from the internet like YouTube with a link or a saved image from Pinterest that relates to your page(s). You can have several pages. Idk how many
- Clubs | Gangs | Haunts | Hangouts | Getting What You WantFollowing the huge success (mild interest) of your *Facebook Page* detailing the not so niche nor information starved topic it seems of The Lost Boys Soundtrack. You might want to start up a Facebook Group. This is less than anonymous however and unless you make the group SECRET. People will know that you belong to a group where you can find folk who know exactly how to say hello to the night.
To better understand this I would recommend joining as many Facebook Groups as possible. Remember that Secret Groups are the only truly anonymous groups. No one will know you are in it outside of that group. Closed Groups will show your profile is a member. This is most relevant should a Friend be in this group or looking into joining it. If it is the latter you may be the lucky person to admit them. Or not admit them 😈
- Public | Friends Only | Only MeNow that you are king supreme ruler of all the Facebook you survey, always remember the second rule of Facebook – Learn What Public, Friends Only and Only Me is.Public and Only Me speak for themselves but Friends Only is just that.If you are the only Friend with No Mutual Friends. Your comments on their Profile Page (Updated Status) will not be publicised to anyone from your Friends List. They will appear to anyone your Friend has who would see them post an updated status (their friends usually), and
The First Rule Of Facebook
Get Off Facebook.
Explore the vast frontier that is The Internet Bring back what you find to your own end but create outposts away from Facebook. Possibly Twitter or Tumblr or YouTube or SoundCloud even stake your claim on the internet by way of a website of your own.